Monday, December 10, 2007

Time Traveler

I went in search of a paw print picture and found a pretty good one.

What fascinated me the most was the earnest but generic page it was hosted on. (You can see the page here.) At the bottom of the webpage it said: "Updated: 7 January 1997."

1997! I didn't think pages that old were still around! Too cool! And to think I found it on Google, doing a legitimate search. THANK YOU GOOGLE FOR ALLOWING ME TO TIME TRAVEL! I hadn't been to 1997 in soooooooooo long!

I went back to 1995 last summer, I will admit, also thanks to Google. It was the biggest leap of my life so far. I spent a good 30 minutes there, taking in the sights. Text was helter skelter, just the way I like it, and running off the page. The graphics were on the small side (to save bandwidth!), and it was using the 'default font' of the time, New Times Roman. I smiled. It was good to be back again.

Indeed, the picture above is linked directly to that page from 1997. Every time I see that paw print, I get goosebumps, because I know it is reaching out from the past.

No comments: